So far, the list includes Brazil, Russia, Latvia, Turkey…
Over the last few weeks, Alliance magazine has been gradually revealing the names of the finalists for the 2014 Olga Alexeeva Memorial Prize which will be awarded to an individual who has demonstrated remarkable leadership, creativity and results in developing philanthropy for progressive social change in an emerging market country or countries.
Finalists so far include:
- Lucia Dellagnelo, Founder of ICom (Instituto Comunitario Grande Florianopolis), the first community foundation in Southern Brazil. Read more
- Larisa Avrorina, Community Foundations programme manager at CAF Russia. Read more
- Rūta Dimanta, Founder of Foundation ‘Ziedot’ (donate), Latvia’s first internet giving portal. Read more
- Natalya Kaminarskaya, executive director of the Russian Donors Forum. Read more
- Itir Erhart and I Renay Onur, founders of Adim Adim (Step by Step), Turkey. Read more
The last finalist will be announced in the coming days and the winner will be announced at the WINGSForum in Istanbul in March 2014.