The International Society for Third Sector Research (ISTR) is issuing a call for papers in advance of its 10th Annual ISTR Regional Conference for Latin America and the Caribbean, to be held in San Juan and Ponce, Puerto Rico from 5th – 7th August 2015. The preceding nine ISTR Regional Conferences addressed issues including: participation and representation; growth and consolidation of civil society; sector cooperation; and civil society self-identity and its responsibility for the development process. This 10th edition will continue to put challenges of imbalance at the forefront by focusing on inequality, inclusion and social innovation, and papers addressing the following themes are currently being solicited:
– Relationship among social inequality, citizen participation, inclusion efforts and sustainability promotion.
– Social innovation for sustainable development with social inclusion.
– Social enterprises, sustainability and new business forms.
– Civil society / third sector institutionalization, training and fortification.
– Democracy, the struggle against corruption, promoting accountability and civil society.
– A changing democracy: linkages between the state, civil society and business for social inclusion and sustainability.
Founded in 1992, the ISTR is an association of researchers and academic centres with associates located around throughout the world. ISTR promotes research and education on civil society and the non-profit sector internationally. The Latin America and the Caribbean Network of ISTR was established in 1996.