GFCF grants to support Covid-19 response
GFCF partners around the world are at the forefront of community responses to Covid-19. They are working around the clock, offering immediate relief to the most vulnerable parts of the community, providing accurate and contextual information on quickly-changing situations, and working with people and across sectors to build bridges and strengthen solidarity. GFCF grantmaking in 2020 will be focused on supporting efforts by members of our global network of community philanthropy partners to respond to Covid-19, both in terms of their immediate response but also over the longer-term as they consider ways to bring about lasting positive change in their communities as they #BuildBackBetter. This page will be updated regularly as grants are made, as will our new Grants Map. All figures are in USD.
East Asia Pacific
- Harmony Platform (China) $30,000: Community philanthropy development including creation of community foundation mutual aid network in response to Covid-19.
Europe and Central Asia
- Arkhangelsk Centre of Social Technologies “Garant” (Russia) $19,950: Mobilizing cross-community response to Covid-19 in short and longer-terms.
- Covasna Community Foundation (Romania) $20,000: Responding to Covid-19 in Covasna County by expanding programmes around local values and fruit trees.
- Forum for Civic Iniatives – FIQ (Kosovo) $20,000: Continuing FIQ’s work with informal youth groups, particularly in light of Covid-19.
- Foundation Community Donation Fund – Stara Zagora (Bulgaria) $20,000: To support local civil society in the short and long-term in its response to the effects of Covid-19.
- Moloda Gromada (Ukraine) $19,000: Using the “Smart Interactions” app to coordinate and support Covid-19 response in the Ukraine.
- Odorheiu Secuiesc Community Foundation (Romania) $20,000: Bridging grant for operational support to OSCF and its Covid-19 response.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- ELLAS – Mujeres y Filantropía (Argentina) $19,700: To document the role of grassroots womens groups in Latin America in response to Covid-19.
- Haiti Community Foundation $20,000: Immediate relief work and public information campaign in the Grand’Anse.
- Monteverde Community Fund (Costa Rica) $19,115: Participating in immediate Covid-19 emergency responses aimed at reaching the most vulnerable parts of the community, and supporting efforts towards a diversified, durable local economy longer-term.
- Foundation for Social Transformation (India) $20,040: Targeted support (provision of goods and information on rights, entitlements etc.) to informal sector workers in Guwahati; mobilizing local donors to give.
- Civil Collective (Uganda) $20,000: Responding to Covid-19 with a particular focus on vulnerable groups, and rebuilding livelihoods in the long-term.
- Community Development Foundation Western Cape (South Africa) $20,000: Support to Covid-19 Relief Fund to target most vulnerable members of community in urban centres, farms and fishing villages of the Western Cape.
- DOCKDA Rural Development Agency (South Africa) $20,000: Flexible support for Covid-19 response.
- Grassroots Development Initiatives Foundation-Kenya $19,990: Responding to effects of Covid-19 and building community resilience through community philanthropy in Tharaka Nithi county.
- Social Change Assistance Trust – SCAT (South Africa) $20,000: To support and document community-based partner organizations’ response to Covid-19 lockdown and impacts on social cohesion.
- Twerwaneho Listeners’ Club (Uganda) $20,000: Direct relief, community mobilization, including public information campaign and community philanthropy development.
- Bürgerstiftung Duisburg (Germany) $20,000: Responding to Covid-19 in Duisburg, with a particular focus on vulnerable groups.