New GFCF grants support community philanthropy around the world
From China to Argentina, and covering a huge range of topics, we are delighted to share some recent grants we have made, which are listed below. For a full list of grants made in our last financial year (1 April 2017 – 31 March 2018), check out our Annual Report!
- $31,000 to the Harmony Platform in China to support a small grants programme for community foundation development in China. The Harmony Platform is the initiative of Harmony Foundation, Narada Foundation and Zhenro Foundation.
- Our first grant to South Africa’s Ikhala Trust, for the amount of $12,500. Funds will be used to document the Ikhala Trust’s approach, through the preparation of case studies focusing on the Trust’s grantmaking.
- Our second grant in Turkey, this time $17,000 to the Support Foundation for Civil Society. This is the first time we have worked with the foundation, who will be using grant funds to pilot a new model of skilled volunteering that connects grassroots organizations and Turkish corporations.
- A long-term GFCF partner, we have just made another grant to the LIN Center for Community Development in Vietnam. This will support the LIN Center’s 2019 annual cross-sector conference “Partnerships, Impact, Sustainability”, building off successes from their 2018 conference “How Doing Good is Good for Business” (pictured above).
- Our first grant to ELLAS – Women and Philanthropy in Argentina. Grant funds of $15,000 will be put towards building a regional network of female community philanthropy leaders across Latin America. They have also just launched the first Generosas Award, to recognize females for bold work at the community level in Latin America, around human rights, the environment, local resource mobilization, etc.