Upcoming event on 27 February: A year in review – community philanthropy’s response to the war in Ukraine
14 Feb 2023
24 February 2023 marks one year since Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine. While the war is still raging, community philanthropy organizations in Ukraine and bordering countries continue to provide life-saving support to communities impacted by the war and displacement. From equipping bomb shelters across Ukraine to providing bread-baking sessions to integrate forcibly displaced people, local organizations are using diverse tactics to respond to the ongoing war and its effects.
We invite you to join a conversation with Ukrainian, Romanian and Slovak community philanthropy organizations as they share their reflections from the past year. This online session will also provide:
- Analysis of the ever-shifting needs of forcibly displaced people, and the approaches of community philanthropy organizations – as grassroots-based grantmakers – as they respond to both the immediate crisis as well as the lasting impacts of the war.
- Collective reflections on how humanitarian and philanthropic actors can build transformative partnerships with local civil society actors during different stages of war and recovery.
Date: Monday 27 February 2023 at 5pm Kyiv, 3pm London, 10am New York
Duration: 1.5 hours
Language: The session will be held in Ukrainian and English, with translation provided.
- Teodora Borghoff, Timișoara Community Foundation, Romania
- Laura Dittel, Carpathian Foundation, Slovakia
- Lidiia Savenko, Boyarka Community Foundation, Ukraine