Call for consultants: Strengthening financial management and administration systems
11 Aug 2021
The GFCF is a global grassroots grantmaking fund which is registered as a charity in the U.K. and as a non-profit company in South Africa. The GFCF has a small, virtual staff team who are based in South Africa, Belgium, Nigeria and Uganda. We regularly work with consultants based in additional countries, as well as with a global network of partners and allies.
Over the past few years the organization has grown, both in terms of annual budget, the number and types of funders (private and public institutions) that support our work, as well as staff. The GFCF would now like to conduct a review of our financial management and administration systems to ensure that they support our evolving organizational needs. We are looking to engage an external consultant in this regard.
A more detailed task specification will be agreed with the selected candidate but the tasks would likely include the following:
- Conduct a full review of current financial systems and policies, and of current institutional capacities in those areas.
- Advise on and help implement any areas of improvement, alternative systems etc., both practical and in terms of policy over a period of several months.
Experience and skills
- Knowledge of U.K. charity requirements (knowledge of South African NPO management welcome although not essential).
- Track record in financial management of / advice to a charity, including bookkeeping, financial planning (including the building of reserves), management of accounts, reporting to donors etc.
- Ability to work with our team remotely.
How to apply
Please send a CV and brief covering note to GFCF Executive Director Jenny Hodgson (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to Friday 17 September 2021.